Outdoor & Indoor Go-Karting Near Me
Go Karting near me is sufficient to put the adrenaline in a rush. It provides the racers an exciting go-kart racing experience. This thrilling experience is gaining popularity all over the world. Go-karting has increased the reach of the sport of racing. The racing tracks that have been developed, have added value to the sport. It has further strengthened the desire to further preserve, cultivate and expand racing in future.
Go-karting is an open-wheel motorsport which is done with small, open go-karts. They are usually raced on scaled circuits. This serves recreational value to people to desire to be racers or want to experience racing. Initially, American Art Ingels was the father of karting. However, over the years, it has gained popularity over the world. Even European countries have a large following for this sport. Go Karting near me is generally the most economic form of motorsport available in America. It can be performed by anybody who meets the eligibility criteria set by the respective track owners.
Indiana is the most populated city in the United States of America. Indianapolis is the capital of the same. Indianapolis is one of the major centers for motorsports in the world. It is well connected with auto racing and is known as the racing capital of the world. In lieu of this, the city organizes Indianapolis 500, world’s largest single-day sporting event with a capacity of 2,57,000 permanent seats. Established in Indianapolis, Ikart, is a new leader in American Karting. Ikart is one of the largest distributors of spare parts, helmets, kart setup and race support. They also provide arrange to coach. It is known for innovative karts. They provide the best quality in terms of materials and workmanship, the fastest technology which is provided at both club and national level and better adjustable engineering. They have a chassis which is 100% American made.
Many organizations have been working to develop Go karting near me. Some of them are:
- International Kart Federation (IKF): it is the governing body for kart racing. Since 1957, the federation has recognized the need for control over the sport. For this purpose, the prestigious federation issue rules to encourage strong and fair competition.
- World Karting Association (WKA): it is the largest sanctioning body for the sport. Founded in 1971, it is located in Carolina. Since then it has more than 50,000 members. It organizes five national tour series; the Bully Clutches Golden Cup, Rage Karts Speedway Pavement, Dunlop Tire Road Racing, Bridgestone or George Kugler Manufacturer’s Cup driven by Mazda, and Briggs & Straton Speedway Dirt.
- Karters of America Racing Triad (KART): Founded in 1994, it began to sanction races since 1995. This not-for-profit organization operates keeping in mind the interests of racers and track promoters.
- United States Pro Karting Series (USPKS): A longtime promoter and member of this industry formed this organization in 2013. The aim for the same was to provide racers and teams the best value in the Eastern half of United States of America.
Go Karts are available in all forms, models, and shapes. These may range from motorless models to high-powered racing vehicles, which may be called Super Karts. These Super Karts beat the experience of racing cars on long circuits. The karts are rented for racing sessions at indoor and outdoor racing tracks. Karts used in this motorsport vary in design, speed, and other technical specifications. There are also Superkarts which run at speeds exceeding 160 mph.
Some of the technical specifications of the kart are:
- The stiffness of chassis enables better handling of the vehicle in different circumstances.
- Professional race karts weigh more than 165 lb, without the driver seated in it.
- A disc brake is mounted on the rear axle for the better braking system.
- 4 stroke engines or electric motors are used. A few dedicated manufacturers also make 2 stroke engines for the sport.
- Wheels and tires are much smaller than those used in cars. They are specific to manufacturers manufacturing the specific kart.
Many commercial enterprises have emerged in the recent years to provide this sport more commercial value. Besides the traditional kart racing, several commercial enterprises are offering different types of karts on the format of “Arrive and Drive”. This format provides the customers with necessary safety gears, including helmets, gloves, other outfits and karts for rent. For safety reasons, the go-karts used in amusement parks have electronic speed limiters. This helps to mitigate the risk involved, keeping the sport only for recreation. However, the speed limit imposed on the ride can depend upon the age of the rider. A go-kart for kids will have lower speed limit than a go-kart for an adult ride.
There are two kinds of tracks that provide go-karting experience. These are;
- Outdoor go-kart tracks: Indoor Go Karts near me have the carts that are more powerful and strictly for amusement. These tracks can also be used for traditional kart races. The primary focus is to provide sprint on the tracks.
- Indoor go-kart tracks: Outdoor Go Karting near me have tracks are located in old and refurbished factories. There are Championships conducted to make the sport more exciting.
One can go-kart for fun or competition. There are many options available for both the tracks. The list below is a resource for go-karters near me.
Some of the options for outdoor and indoor Go-karting near me are:
- Jim Hall Track Time: Located in Ventura, California features both high speed and low-speed sections for drivers above the height of 4’6″. It is located on the street across the beach and celebrities are often spotted here. The Jim Hall Racing Club is a specialized facility to provide a thrilling experience without wings and suspension. The members of the club can attend the exclusive events and races that are organized by the club. Non-members can also utilize the facilities on limited days. The track has a member’s deck and all the state-of-art facilities. Details of the track schedule and programs are regularly uploaded to their official website.
- Kart Kountry: Located in Shepherdsville, Kentucky, it is the largest go-kart track in the world. They have different services to offer. Huge Arcade, bumper boats, batting cages and two miniature golf are some of them. They have five different racing courses. Kids are allowed to drive on their age-appropriate tracks with junior karts and kiddie karts. There are adult karts for drivers who are at least 5 feet tall and fourteen years old. They also have the i-roc karts, for drivers who are at least four feet tall and seven years old. They also have double-seat karts. The race track is known for thunderbolts. These are the biggest and the fastest karts in this park.
- Speed Zone, Tennessee: Located in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, it is a popular attraction for those visiting the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. This outdoor go-kart near me provides four unique tracks. The most special is the Tennessee Twister, which has tight turns. Junior speedsters zoom is a track designed for kids. The custom-made tracks provide karts here, that are equipped to go up to 40 mph. there are eight tracks in total with one special track designed only for kids. This conveniently located center does not require any prior reservation.
- Orlando Cart Center: Located 15 minutes away from the Orlando Airport, Florida, it is an outdoor track. Karts are equipped to reach the speed of 45 mph with bumps and curbs. The center has an eligibility criterion according to which, one can drive regardless of age if one is 5′ tall. There is no age requirement to qualify for the same. This outdoor go-kart near me does not require any reservation. There are two tracks; a short track which is 6/10 mile long and the long track, which is 8/10 mile long. They provide every possible support required to race here. However, driving license to drive are mandatory.
- Octane Raceway Arizona: Earlier located in Phoenix, this high-speed kart racing venue has been relocated to Scottsdale in Arizona in 2013. It is the only go karting near me that features the fast Sodi RTX kart at the venue. They have the only full time indoor/outdoor tracks in the United States. Racers here have to be at least 10 years and above 52″ tall to meet the eligibility criteria for the racers. The high-speed race karts can go up to 45 mph on the challenging tracks. This go-kart near me has the free-roam multiplayer virtual reality arena, Zero Latency. It is first of its kind that that has begun in the Western United States.
- Kart2Kart: Located in Sterling Heights, Michigan, this go-karting near me provides a true racing experience that is fun and safe. This indoor go-kart near me is known for its authentic racing environment. They are providing this service for the past 15 years and has been Michigan’s premier facility. Karts with speed up to 35 mph. pro karts are driven by licensed drivers and junior karts are designed for kids of height 4’6″ or taller. Young kids are offered rides with the guidance of parents in two-seater karts. They have an indoor track with the length one fifth a mile. It is 200 feet straight away and has 6 turns.
- K1 Speed: Located in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida provides adult driving experience to drivers above the height of 4’10”. Junior drivers are accepted at 4′ height. There are no reservations required for “Arrive and Drive” Adults, teens, and juniors may also enjoy birthday parties organized here. They also organize corporate events and have pro shops for t-shirts, hats, hoodies, race suits, gloves, shoes and other accessories. They have specialized training programs for junior karting. This helps the kids learn about racing and pursue it as a career in future. It has three indoor tracks and the electric go-karts have zero-emissions.
- Fastimes: Located in the Indianapolis, Indiana, this indoor go-karting near me is two-tiered with karts. With 15 years of working experience in this field, they own 900 feet long go-kart track for adults. The drivers who are above 52″ tall can have access to speeds up to 45mph. This satisfies one lust for speed. Irrespective of the skills that customer possesses, the tracks aim to give a safe and exciting race experience. They are also keen to handle group events and make the experience enjoyable. They have a winter league that extends from November to march.
- Octane Raceway: For an ultimate adrenaline rush, Octane Raceway is a great choice for indoor go-kart near me. Located in Arizona, this race track offers “Arrive and Drive” facility during opening hours. On arrival, a registration is compulsory at the front desk. Racing is scored in a Faster Lap format. The drivers get the random order and they need to race for a set number of laps. Here, junior racers may even qualify for adult racing with the junior accelerated program. The track layout is unique in its formation. It is specially designed such that each lap begins indoor and then reaches an outdoor section.
- The track: Located in Branson, Missouri this go-karting near me is a 4-story track that allows drivers as small as 4 years. 14 different tracks are there, from which one can enjoy its wooden tracks placed spirally. Each track location has additional attractions including the games. There is batting cage, laser tag, laser maze challenge, sky coaster, mini golf, route 76 glow golf, arcades, and many more to choose from. Eateries are also provided to treat the families. This is a fun-filled destination for families to enjoy together. All the rides have no gate admission charge.
- Andretti Indoor Karting and Games: As the name suggests this indoor go-karting near me has fancy superkarts. Located in Atlanta, Georgia, with an area over 10,000 square feet, it is designed to look professional. The Sky Bar is an added attraction here, with the views of the track. They have strict eligibility criteria for drivers. Junior racers have to be at least 8 years old and 4’2″ tall. Besides this, it provides other family activities to make this a family spot. They are known to provide state of the art arcade, ropes course, and high-speed superkarts.
For any assistance required or queries pertaining to Go-Karting, one can always contact us by filling in the form given below, and we will soon reach you.